Personal and Professional Development

Monday, October 30, 2006

The PPD Module

Hello Gang,

Having spent time emailing work to you and (inevitably) getting email addresses wrong, I figured I'd embrace modern culture and use a blog as a means to get stuff to you. Pebblepad still seems to be a little slow in coming forward and I suspect that nobody has yet received their login details - please let me know if you have - so thought I'd resort to plan b and find my own blog spot.

I'm going to use this to post details of tasks that need to be completed, allowing you to respond immediately and ask questions of me (and each other). This can be accessed from anywhere and should therefore mean that I don't have to interupt you in Dominic's sessions so often. That's not to say that you will be entirely left to your own devices and I will still make a point of dropping in to check how things are going. I hope that this will be useful?

The posts that follow this will each detail a particular aspect of the work that you need to complete, including the assignment. This may be subject to some changes (LMU are still dragging their heels on verifying it) but won't change that drastically and you really need to see what you're aiming for. As I said at the beginning of the course, there are three parts to the PPD module:
  • Portfolio of tasks completed and evaluations of these
  • Reflective Journal (should be PebblePad based but if they don't send details soon we'll have to all shift onto here)
  • Presentation outlining targets set and how well you've achieved against these

The assignment provides more detail on each of these tasks, especially the presentation - but this won't take place until the end of semester 1.

Thanks
Kerry

11 Comments:

Blogger AMPearce said...

Done

11:29 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Thanks Andy - I can always rely on you to be first to respond to emails or posts AND to get work done. Much appreciated.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Thank you very much for posting a response, Richard. See you soon.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Gediminas said...

Had a read through.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Hi Gediminas, thank you for reading through this and posting a response.You can work through the various tasks at your own pace now. Keep checking back for any reminders or new additions. See you soon.

7:11 AM  
Blogger tommo said...

i have had a read through this

7:30 AM  
Blogger rs-senior said...

I read through the blog and i am looking forward to doing my assignments and completing the personal and professional development module.

Thanks
Roy

3:17 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Thanks Roy

4:34 AM  
Blogger Romain said...

Hi Kerry,
Well I read the blog and I'm still stuck not knowing where to start. I wish I could meet you may be tomorrow and have a tchat with you on this matter.

Regards

7:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, read the first post.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have read through this and understand what is required.
Ta, Pete

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home